2011/05/24

Saint Seiya Myth Cloth Black Phoenix Review

When I was little I never comprehended some parts of saint seiya until I was more of age, I remember the first time I saw the black saints fight the bronze ones when they were fighting in the mountain. At that point in life I liked some of the black saints more that when I saw the original ones. Sometimes I even confused them with others. But I was seven then, now twenty years have pass and I still remember that battle with the black saints here and there and Bandai has come out with some black saints as a line. Now this is great, now I can see and remember the great old days when this battle was the best in my mind.


So as I look at the box in my hand, I could tell it’s really well made. There is no animated form in the front only the whole cloth itself made and the object mode in the side. The box color is a solid black with some silver trim on it. As you look at the side of the box you could tell that this is a book style kind of package and very classic package for the saint seiya line. When you look at the back it has the most favorite feature they have added to the new myths, a picture black and white on the back of the figure saying black phoenix on the side. That is a classy look and then we see many poses for the figure and some features that it comes with. Great addition overall, as you open the box you see 2 window displays. On the sides you don’t see no words it’s just solid black and silver. It was time to open the box.




As I opened the box and saw the content inside, I first looked at plate A. It has most of the figure stuff and most of the myth cloth parts for the figure. As we look at plate B, you can see the wings, the skeleton of the object mode and the back feathers for the figure. Plate B, is the only one that is the most light. Most of the parts are plastic and very light to handle. The manual is no different as other manuals and the instructions are very easy to follow. It is numbered and on the object mode it has numbered in red. The instructions seem complicated but they are not. If you built myth cloth before you can do this very fast. It was time to make the object mode.




When I was finished making the object mode I was very happy. It was a very solid experience and very nice to make. The process was not that complicated and the figure was very solid. The only piece you don’t use on the object mode is the chest of the figure. But the skeleton of the object mode has a split chest for you don’t have to compromise on the chest piece. I thought that was a very good idea by Bandai. The wings look great, so elegant and big, and the object mode in black with blue and a bit of red looks great. The whole object mode looks super and the experience is great. Now it is time to make the figure itself.




When I was putting the figure together the first thing I saw was the face, it looked great and with the screaming one it looks even better. The sculpture of the figure looks super with great detail on the face, and the body itself, as I but the different hairs on the figure and the helmet, I can’t decide what to keep it on. It looks great in both aspects but in the end I decided to keep the helmet, which that’s the way I saw him in the anime. The figure comes with 2 extra hairs for you can put them behind the neck and it has a long one and a short one. Depending on your taste you have your preference. As I put the armor together I saw what a great figure it was. Most of the parts were die cast metal with only the helmet, chest piece, and part of the belt buckle was plastic. The figure has great articulation and very light weight and you can put him on dynamic poses no problem. The feet are a bit wider than other myth cloth and make him more balance to pose. You would think that because the armor is black it would blend with the body, but that is not the case. You can clearly see the armor parts and the body, and the body itself sometimes plays a role in the armors look. Like on the legs, the die cast metal parts only plays a small role over 50 percent of the leg, but the leg calf makes up for it, and it kind of looks like it was part of the armor itself. A great touch of Bandai. It has great sculpture and color painting. Everything is done to perfection and I totally love the figure.




From the box to the figure, this figure gets an automatic 10. It has great features and very well made. Great presentation and great articulation of the figure is a must and this figure pulled it off flawlessly. The sculpture and the color painting is great and the amount of flexibility you have with this figure is a lot. If you are thinking about getting this figure, I say you should not wait, it’s a great pick up and you should totally buy it.
Like always want to thank ishop2go for letting review this great figure and like I always say… GO OUT AND BUY IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can leave your comments here